Technical Design Manager | WFH (Candidate must be UK or Ireland based)
€60k per annum + Benefits
We are seeking a Technical Design Manager for Irelands leading roofing, cladding and façade contractor, for clients across Ireland and Europe in all sectors of construction.
The successful candidate will assume full responsibility & accountability for delivery of the technical design stage of respective projects. The role involves the management of internal and external designers, executing projects to the highest level of client satisfaction, lead and manage pre-construction activities through all phases, and procurement, delivery and site operations teams.
- The Technical design manager will be responsible for taking a project from award to handover, being a key point of contact with client and Main Contractor during pre-construction.
- Lead the technical design and submittal process, carry out further value engineering exercises in collaboration with the Commercial Department, refine specifications to ensure no under/over specifying is taking place and ensure financial opportunities are maximised.
- Attend internal and external project meetings as the businesses Design Lead ensuring project and client expectations are met.
- Attend departmental meetings and present summary reports on project health; program, budget, approvals etc.
- Ensure potential risks are identified at the earliest possible stage and are reported back to Directors and Senior Management.
- Manage resource requirements, utilizing internal team and establishing external consultants required to fulfil project requirements.
- A BTEC in Building Studies, Building Engineering or Building Management or a HNC/HND/Degree in Construction Management or Architecture/Architectural Technology
- A minimum of 5 years experience of managing elements of construction projects
- Leading % driving performances
- Managing resources
- Relationship management
- Anticipating & adapting to change
- Imagination, innovation & creativity
- Communication skills
For a confidential discussion on the role or to apply, reach out to Matthew Walsh on LinedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/matthew-walsh-6b0823182/, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org