Technical Design Manager
Circa. €60k + bens
Workplace: Can be office/hybrid/remote
Responsibility & accountability for the successful delivery of the Technical design stage of their respective projects across Ireland, Europe and the UK.
The role will involve the management of internal and external designers, to execute projects to the highest level of client satisfaction.
The role leads and manages Pre-Construction activities as the project moves from Award, through Planning, Design Co-Ordination, Procurement through to delivery to Site Operations Team.
- The Technical design manager will be responsible for taking a project from award to handover, being a key point of contact with client and Main Contractor during pre-construction.
- Lead the technical design and submittal process, carry out further value engineering exercises in collaboration with the Commercial Department, refine specifications to ensure no under/over specifying is taking place and ensure financial opportunities are maximised.
- Attend internal and external project meetings as the businesses Design Lead ensuring project and client expectations are met.
- Attend departmental meetings and present summary reports on project health; program, budget, approvals etc.
- Ensure potential risks are identified at the earliest possible stage and are reported back to Directors and Senior Management.
- Manage resource requirements, utilizing internal team and establishing external consultants required to fulfil project requirements.
- Review drawings produced by internal and external designers ensuring compliance.
- Review specifications thoroughly ensuring proposals are fit for purpose.
- Review fire requirements for projects, ensuring specification proposed are in accordance with local building regulations.
- Conduct value engineering exercises at all opportunities.
- Review and interrogate calculations produced externally to satisfy yourself that we are not over or under specifying and are in compliance with building regulations at all times.
- Ensure compliance with company operating procedures and input into upkeep and update of same.
- Manage design and technical submittal process in line with project program ensuring deadlines are achieved and report on any potential delays to Technical Design Director.
- Review Bills of Quantities thoroughly ensuring no contradictions or inaccuracies and communicate same to project stakeholders immediately.
- Ensure compliance with project SORs
- Ensure design deliverables and design program are set out and met.
- Once design/ pre-construction work is complete, handover the project to the wider company; operations, quantity surveyors, installation teams. Identify potential risk and opportunity that is available. A two/three stage handover process may be required to ensure all parties are comprehensively briefed on the project in strict accordance with the department SOPs.
- Oversee design budget tracking for projects you are responsible for and ensuring regular updates on same with Technical Design Director.
To register your interest, Please forward CV to John.Behan@icds.ie or call 016321200