Structural Design Engineer
Our client is one of the largest manufacturers of precast concrete products in Ireland and the UK.
Due to expansion, they now wish to appoint a Civil/Structural engineer to join their existing engineering team.
Description and Details:
- The successful candidate must have a minimum BSc/BEng in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years post-graduate experience mainly in design with some site experience.
- Strong analytical, problem and design skills.
- Familiar with Eurocodes and Irish/British Building Standards.
- Must have Experience in concrete design. Experience in precast concrete design a distinct advantage.
- Applicants must have fluent English and eligible to work in Ireland.
- Applicants must have a practical knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD and experience in structural design packages such as Tedds.
- Experience in 3D software (Revit, Tekla, Robot) a distinct advantage.
- Must have ability to work under their own initiative and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be well organised and capable several projects at once.
- Applicants must be extremely Health and Safety conscious.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Undertaking structural design calculations and overseeing production of drawings.
- Liaising with clients and other design team members.
- Driving projects from to ensure targets are met.
- Liaising with factory personnel during production.
- Quality control of manufactured products.
- Assisting other Engineers in overseeing work undertaken by technicians. Checking drawings and ensuring designs are correct.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects that include:
- Small to large projects in residential, commercial, educational and healthcare sectors.
- Large Civil and Utility Projects (Tanks, Culverts etc.)
To register your interest, please send CV to email@example.com or call 01-632-1200