Senior Quantity Surveyor(M&E)
London, Kings Cross
£Neg + Package
Required for leading Cost Consultancy working on large data centre projects.
Currently require a Senior PQS M&E Quantity Surveyor with a strong background in mechanical and electrical estimating, tender evaluations, onsite cost controls etc. who is driven to deliver a high level of service to our clients.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to optimize projects costs, implement value engineering, and ensure value for money whilst still achieving and delivering the highest standards and quality.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Provide commercial and contract support throughout the project
• Produce cost plans/estimates to provide client detailed budgets
• Ensure initial cost plans are sufficient to carry out the works
• Analyse tenders to ensure value for money and that the works have been procured at the best market rates
• Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
• Close out commercial, change orders and contract issues
• Perform interim valuations to ensure subcontractor payments are correct and made in a timely manner
• Forecast and monitor cash flow/accruals to ensure a positive cash flow is maintained, liaising with the client’s financial team
• Assist in the reparation and agreement of final accounts, including the handling of any claims to ensure the client gets best value from works undertaken
• Produce cost analysis feedback/lessons learned to the client for future works
• Manage a team of quantity surveyors
Desired Experience and Education:
• Understanding of M&E Systems and ability to read services drawings and schematics
• PQS experience
• Data center experience
• Strong leader and team player
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent IT skills (CostX experience advantageous)
• Qualification in surveying, engineering or trade experience in mechanical or electrical field
• The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
• Must have PQS/Consultancy exposure with MEP.
• Ideal candidate to have also data centre experience
To register your interest, please forward your CV to email@example.com or call 01-632-1200 to discuss.