My client, a global cost and project managment consultancy are looking to a Senior Quantity Surveyor to lead projects in their Dublin City Centre office.
Due to recent business wins and a strong pipeline of projects, they are looking to grow their Senior Cost Management Team.
They work on a range of cutting edge jobs with a strong focus on property, infrastructure, healthcare and education.
By the very nature of the size of the projects you will be expected to perform pre and post contract services for the client and form part of a team approach to project delivery.
The successful candidate will join an established team of Cost Managers and be offered structured training and support to take their career to the next level.
- Provide commercial and contract support through the construction stage of the project
- Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents
- Strong experience closing out commercial, change orders and contract issues
- Support the onsite team with cost control, cost reporting and forecasting
- Perform interim valuations
- Forecast and monitor cash flow to ensure a positive cash flow is maintained
- Reparation and agreement of final accounts, to ensure the client gets best value from works undertaken
- Produce cost analysis feedback / lessons learnt to the client for future works
- Occasional travel may be required
- You shall hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business
- Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management
- Assist in mentoring and development of junior staff
What you need:
- 6+ years Commerical QS experience (Preferably PQS)
- Chartered member of the RICS or qualified through experience
- Extensive public and private sector project experience preferred
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
If you're open to exploring things further or interested in hearing about the current market, apply directly or get in touch and we can have a confidential, non-committal call at your earliest convenience - firstname.lastname@example.org