Real Estate Development Manager
€Neg + Package
As part of the Network Development Team, you will play a key role in managing the Company’s medium and long-term strategies for its operational Property Portfolio while delivering optimum value and reduction in costs.
You will source and secure existing retail sites and new greenfield opportunities in line with our strategy and add value to the existing portfolio through proactive asset management.
You will also source and deliver new income opportunities for the Company. You will prepare, maintain, implement and report on all property-related policies and business plans.
Property Asset Management
- Proactive management of the Company’s nationwide network of 160 operating retail forecourt sites and asset management of the Company’s various commercial sites.
- Preparation and agreement of annual premises occupancy and capital budgets.
- Ensuring value for money through competitive bidding, benchmarking and quality reviews.
- Management of central property register.
- Liaise with landlords on rent reviews and lease renewals in order to reduce lease rent costs.
- Liaise with local authorities and representatives on commercial rate valuations.
- Manage service charges, rental incomes and other occupancy incomes.
- Secure tenancies for vacant space on site or in store.
- Manage internal relationships within the company which includes a wide variety of functions.
- Manage all external relationships (agents, architects, asset managers etc.)
- Instruct solicitors in respect of all new and on-going legal issues.
- Overall management of the firm’s space resources. Proposing, agreeing and implementing space standards. Planning, negotiating, agreeing and implementing space allocation and usage across the firm to ensure optimum utilisation of resources.
- Work with the Real Estate Team to identify and secure existing or new development sites for our retail forecourt network and manage the contract process.
- Develop and negotiate a pipeline of purchase contracts with vendors and leases with landlords
- Manage the design and planning application process for greenfield locations through to construction.
- Manage relationships with external consultants (agents, quantity surveyors, designers etc.).
- Participate in the vendor selection for all third-party contractors on site.
- To ensure that all contractors fully adhere to SLA’s.
- Manage tender process and capital budget for construction of new locations.
- Support Head of Real Estate to decide optimum exit strategy/ divestment of non-core locations.
- Support the delivery of the business development initiatives
- Work with business development team on strategic department projects such as the network plan and alternative market evaluations
Essential Expertise & Job Functions
- Graduate education within a property discipline and/or relevant degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in Commercial Real Estate, Development, Finance or Corporate Real Estate Management with emphasis in Commercial/Retail/Fuel/Fast Food/C-Store industries.
- Previous experience in retail management and site selection is desirable.
- Strong analytical and financial awareness for model analysis and business case development.
- Demonstrated ability to purchase and develop multi retail locations.
- Proven commercial track record with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of agency networks, market valuations for real property and leasehold investments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to build strong relationships and negotiate.
- Strong team orientation with excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in a busy environment with multiple changing priorities and deadlines.
- Self-motivated, self-directed individual with strong organizational and networking skills required.
- Strong IT skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Requires a driver’s license and a good driving record for nationwide travel.
To register your interest, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-632-1200