Quantity Surveyor (Consultancy)
Our client is a global consultancy who provide expertise for a large construction projects worldwide.
They currently have an urgent requirement for a Quantity Surveyor with 5+ years’ experience for a site based role in Derry.
- Cost management services on infrastructure projects in Northern Ireland.
- Manage costs on a project that is currently under construction.
- The ideal candidate will have a good background in cost management and on-site cost controls, etc.
- The role will be site based, with head office support and oversight.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Communicate effectively with other staff members, the general contractor and the client
- Act as a strong team player but demonstrate the ability to lead on tasks provided
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Support the onsite team with cost control, cost reporting and forecasting
- Prepare standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial reports, cash flows
- Review contractor’s applications for payment
- Manage and close out change orders and contract issues
- Prepare and agree final accounts, including the handling of any variations/claims to ensure the client gets best value from works undertaken
- Produce cost analysis feedback/lessons learnt to the client for future works
- Other duties as may reasonably be required for an Onsite Quantity Surveyor
- Deliver all role outputs in an accurate, professional and timely manner
Desired Experience and Education:
- 5+ years’ experience in quantity surveying
- A quantity surveying qualification is essential
- Major civils or building experience desireable
- An understanding of construction contracts
- The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
- RICS accreditation is desirable
To register your interest, please send CV to email@example.com or call +353 (0)1 632 1200 for more info.