Project Manager (Facilities Services)
$CAN 100-120k + Package
Required for Tier-1 construction company operating nationally on large-scale building projects including healthcare & public infrastructure facilities.
- This is management position undertaking complex projects at various sites across GTA.
- The role includes the execution and delivery of all GTA projects either directly, or by supervising the PM team, conducting work in operating healthcare and other public infrastructure facilities,
- The tasks below include the work being performed by both the PM team, and by this position when directly overseeing projects,
- Oversight from pre-construction to completion including design, coordination, budget, and schedule in conjunction with Hospital end users, Facilities Management team and all stakeholders.
- Manage all facets of a project and take on direct accountability for project delivery to meet and exceed established goals including scope, schedule, budget, procurement, quality and risk.
- Prepare detailed scope of work, request for proposal documents, cost estimates & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Day to day oversight and management of contractors working on site.
- Plan and co-ordinate all Health & Safety aspects required for project completion.
- Develop and implement a communication plan for project, maintain written reports/meeting minutes, and track progress and status of each project.
- Prepare regular, timely and accurate billing, and ensure timely payment of subcontractor billings.
- Meet with Hospital Clients, end users and other clinical teams, as well as Consultants and Subcontractors in a professional manner and have the ability to communicate effectively both the concerns and best interests of the company
- Monitor, interpret and forecast a project’s cost reports ensuring they are in line with the estimate.
- Submit project reports to General Manager, Senior Manager and communicate with management about project progress and areas of risk that need to be escalated
- Review, interpret, and update construction and project schedules
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date shop drawings, track the status of RFI’s, obtain quotations for notices of change, update and assemble as-built documents
- Conduct quality control activities, inspection programs, and periodic updating of project progress records
- Degree or certifications in Construction Management, Design, or Engineering or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience in a Project Manager role
- 5+ years of project management experience, ideally in an operating (facilities management) setting, and ideally with healthcare PM experience.
- You have a working knowledge of construction scopes and activities, scheduling, project management and contract software
- You have the ability to confidently mentor and delegate to a PM team while developing and maintaining strong client relations
To register your interest, Please forward CV to John.Behan@icds.ie or call 016321200