BIM Engineer (M&E)
€Neg + Package
Our client is an international M&E contractor who of high-value engineering services in the M&E and Power Transmission and Distribution Sectors and to a large number of blue chip companies across Ireland, UK and Europe.
They are currently working on large data centre, power, commercial projects across Ireland and Europe.
- Reporting to the BIM Lead the BIM engineer has responsibility for delivering all 3D and 2D co-ordination milestones on each project.
- The role of the BIM engineer is project specific and all engineers to be based on site within a BIM environment when requested.
- When not working on a specific project the BIM engineer will be based within their Business Unit office and report to the BIM Lead.
- They may need to assist other smaller projects and produce tender information.
- Support the project team with regard to all co-ordination deliverables
- Delivering all 3D and 2D deliverables set by the BIM lead
- Assisting the BIM Lead with production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
- Assisting the BIM Lead with 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
- Supporting all parties working within the BIM process
- Working within a team environment help to achieve efficient project delivery
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Detailing of 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
- Production of 3D model files through Revit and where needed Fabrication Cad
- Production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
- Ensuring that detailed model files are co-ordinated and clash free by clashing against federated model on a constant basis (every 30min)
- Taking direct instructions from BIM lead on all design issues
- Administration of Vault files
- Clash detection of submitted files
- Daily building of federated model
- Ensure all files submitted in correct format
- Attend weekly co-ordination meetings when requested
- Support all parties working within the BIM process
- Assist with clash resolutions on site
- Verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet contract requirements
- Confers with project engineer and project management staff to resolve problems and explain drawings to production or construction teams and providing adjustments as necessary
- Production of all verified record drawings
- Site surveying & verification including point cloud scanning and total station operation
- Production of all 2D project drawings
- Updating and administrating of all co-ordination documents registers and drawings
- Assist with tenders and other drawing requirements from the business unit.
- Work within a designated project working as part of a project team
- Gain knowledge of mechanical & electrical systems with regard to 3D co-ordination
- Develop knowledge of onsite co-ordination, fabrication and construction
- Attend co-ordination meetings and develop communication skills
- Move to a BIM lead position when the opportunity arises and deemed ready by the BIM manger
ESSENTIAL BASIC EXPERIENCES/QUALIFICATIONS:
- A degree in Engineering, Architecture or Design
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within a BIM\Co-ordination role
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
To register your interest please apply online, or contact John Behan @ ICDS