BIM Coordinator (Top-Tier Contractor)
Key Requirements & Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the BIM Manager. The successful candidate will be required to have experience liaising with and leading BIM counterparts from design and construction teams
in a collaborative environment from inception to handover of large scale projects.
- NFQ Level 6 minimum educational qualification in an AEC related discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience in the AEC industry.
- A proficiency in using BIM authoring tools (ArchiCAD or Revit) to develop models at prequalification and tender stages for use in bids and works proposals.
- Skills using coordination/review tools such as Navisworks to federate, coordinate, clash detect and produce reports.
- The ability to use simulation tools such as Navisworks, aligned with project schedules/programmes to produce 4D simulations.
- DATA centre or other large-scale development experience (M+E experience in DATA centres will be beneficial)
- Experience using BIM in conjunction with Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structures (CBS) will be beneficial.
- A thorough understanding of what is required by Level 2 BIM and the ability to produce all deliverables required by the mandate such as BIM execution plans, MPDTs, MIDPs, COBie outputs etc.
- Experience in Information Management (based on the principles of BS1192) and the use of CDEs and Data management software tools such as Viewpoint, Vault, etc.
The role will require personnel to work in conjunction with other departments within the company including Bid & estimating, Planning, Business development, and Quantity Surveying.
Personnel will be required to work with senior Contracts and Project managers on site.
The successful candidate will be placed into a pivotal role in furthering the development of the companies’ digital transformation and will be involved with influencing innovative uses of technology within the company.
A high level of professionalism with the ability to handle confidential information is crucial to this role.
Strong time management and communication skills are essential to carry out the role as well as efficient organisational skills with the ability to administer tasks over multiple priorities.
The ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations and comfortable working under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.