Architectural Technician (Access consultancy)
Our client are leading specialists in access consultancy and training in Ireland whose goal is to make services and buildings accessible for everyone.
Due to expansion, they require an Architectural Technician.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of different projects (mainly in the preparation of Disability Access Certificates, carrying out access audits and to act as a Part M Ancillary Certifier).
For the successful implementation of this role, there are a number of key relationships to be fostered and developed within the public, private and not for profit sectors.
A high degree of flexibility and creativity will be required.
Summary of core responsibilities:
- To manage, contribute to the design and development of Disability Access Certificate (DAC) applications and to manage the DAC database.
- To carry out design appraisals for new buildings, extensions and building alterations and report to the Senior Access Consultant.
- To prepare, complete and issue DAC application documentation (i.e. Marked up drawings, Compliance Reports, application forms).
- To record the status and progress of applications and advise the Senior Access Consultant and Clients accordingly.
- To carry out site inspections and act as Part M Ancillary Certifier.
- To inspect the works at the relevant stages of a construction project with the Senior Access Consultant & prepare inspection reports along with the associated administration duties.
- To visit sites and carry out access audits and to prepare access audit reports in line with national good practice.
- To meet with other professionals and clients and advise in relation to Universal Design and accessibility.
- Architectural backgrounds preferred.
- A qualification in any of the following; Building Surveying, Architecture, Construction or Engineering
- minimum 5 years relevant post graduate experience with a high level of design and communication skills and proficiency in CAD and presentation techniques.
Experience, Knowledge & Attributes
- At least 5 years of experience in an Architectural role, preferably within an Architectural consulting practice that is focussed toward Educational; Healthcare; Commercial and Offices; Residential; Hospitality and Industrial projects.
- Experience preparing Disability Access Certificates applications, carrying out access audits and acting as an Ancillary Certifier;
- A strong understanding of accessibility and Universal Design;
- Developed client interfacing experience with competency in building customer trust and lasting relationships;
- Thorough report writing and presentation skills;
- Practical experience and level of skill in the utilisation of design packages, in particular AutoCAD and BIM;
- A sound understanding of disability access design solutions, and appreciation for relevant industry legislation and standards;
- A driven, self-starter with the ability to act with the minimum of supervision;
- Demonstrated leadership attributes that will enable cultural impact and organisational performance;
- A highly structured and organisational skills;
- The strength of character and intellect to constantly challenge design concepts and bespoke solutions;
- The ability to work within a private consulting practice that requires support and collaboration as it grows into a more corporate and structured enterprise;
- The ability to work with established processes and systems, but constructive concepts and ideas toward further operational efficiencies and continuous improvement opportunities;
- The ability to quickly develop relationships with colleagues and clients alike;
- Experience preparing Disability Access Certificates applications, carrying out access audits and acting as an Ancillary Certifier.
To register your interest please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +353 01-632-1200 to discuss.