Financial Accountant (Construction)
Required for leading property development company based in Dublin 4 and working throughout Ireland.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with senior management and develop financial strategies for the organisation.
You must be comfortable handling large amounts of data, acting as a business partner, decision maker, and providing regular financial reporting
The role will suit an ambitious Accountant who has a passion for the construction industry.
- Lead financial meetings;
- Process / manage payments and reconciliation of accounts with sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Liaise with QS / PMs in measurements of work in progress and building material stocks;
- Reconciliation of inter-company balances;
- Complete financial accounting and cashflow forecasting with the financial controller;
- Deliver reports and metrics to leadership;
- Oversee RCT compliance and general tax reporting, to include VAT and RTD details to Revenue;
- Work with external accountants / auditors as necessary;
- Assist with preparation of annual financial statements.
- Be prepared to implement new financial systems / Construction accounting software if and when required.
- The successful candidate will be expected to assist / contribute to continuous systems/work method improvements.
Whilst the role is primarily accounts based it will offer the opportunity to collaborate closely with non-finance groups and business partners and it will offer an excellent opportunity for further development in the organisation.
- Qualified Accountant with minimum of 2-3 years PQE in a similar role or qualified by experience in the construction industry.
- Construction industry accounting experience is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of purchasing and financial systems is essential.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
To register youor interest please contact John.Behan@icds.ie or call 01-632-1200