Mechanical Engineer –Amsterdam
Leading Irish M&E contractor urgently requires Mechanical Engineer for Pharmaceutical project in Amsterdam, Holland.
You will have 5 to 10 years experience working for a mechanical contractor working on pipework systems including mild steel pipework.
- You must be familiar with the work required to support an installation crew, installing mild steel and schedule stainless steel pipework.
- You will have taken off quantities and procured pipe, fittings, flanges, gaskets, bolts.
- Be capable of making decisions as to how pipework should go together and the weld techniques / procedures required. He will know what type of brackets to use, how to anchor pipework for thermal expansion, how it is trace heated and insulated.
- Be familiar with working with suppliers of mechanical equipment (e.g. Pumps, Air Handling Units, Boilers, Chillers, cooling towers etc.), raising technical queries, raising technical submittals for engineering approval and then expediting the equipment to site.
- Be able to prepare a detail method statements and risk assessments, e.g. for a heavy lift to get a chiller onto a high roof with a 100tonne crane.
- Have experience in preparing test packs, testing, flushing and commissioning of pipework systems.
- Have a particular knowledge of how pipework is fabricated – e.g. he will need to be capable of producing a hand drawn isometric drawing to allow a fitter/welder to fabricate a pipe spool.
- You will understand what it takes to install different pipework systems, drainage, Chilled Water, Low Pressure Hot Water, e.g. that steam systems need to be laid to slope, how they are trapped and drained etc.
- You will have produced test packs and formulated operations and maintenance manuals.
- Be cost conscious and know how to price a variation.
- You will understand how to work out how long it should take to install a section of pipework by applying norms to the pipework quantities to come up with a total time required.
- You will know how to track the efficiency of the installation.
- It would be preferable that you have experience in AutoCAD, MS Project in addition to the standard MS software.
- It would also be preferable that you have experience of working on site in industrial / pharmaceutical sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join busy ambitious contractor with full order book for 2012.
To register your interest please contact George @ ICDS